(I also used sliced eggplant for crusts here too)
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp each basil and oregano (you could use thyme or marjoram if that’s what you have on hand)
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch each pink salt and pepper
- pizza sauce
- Chopped pizza toppings of your choice (peppers, spinach, fresh herbs, turkey pepperoni, tomatoes, olives, onions…)
- cheese (Optional)
1. Gently pull off stems of mushrooms. Brush mushrooms clean. Place, smooth side up, in a single layer in shallow dish.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over mushrooms. Let stand for 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
3. Place mushrooms, smooth side up on grill over medium high heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until tender.
4. Flip and top with pizza sauce (I used about 1 tbsp per mushroom but use how much you prefer) and pizza toppings and grill about another 5 minutes. If you are using cheese, sprinkle on with 2 or so minutes left.