I had my family over today for impromptu Sunday dinner. I was missing my older sister and one neice but everyone else was able to come last minute, even my grandma. Sometimes last minute works best! Since it was very last minute, I just used everything I had and did not make a trip to the store. It is amazing what you can come up with if you get creative. We grilled steaks, roasted root veggies, roasted potaotes, salad, and fruit. The salad I made was a huge hit. I made a homemade strawberry vinaigrette and roasted walnuts which added so much flavor and texture to the spinach salad. I actually had to make a second batch because we all loved it. One of my sons had 3 plates of it which sure makes his mama smile.
For the salad:
- Fresh Organic Baby Spinach
- Organic Strawberries, Sliced
- Green Onions, sliced
- Honey Roasted Walnuts
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cups strawberries (I used thawed sliced frozen ones in their juices)
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1-2 TBSP raw honey depending on the sweetness of your strawberries
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
I love my family and this was a perfect afternoon for a get together. We even got to sneak in a game of cards with grandma.
SIMPLY CLEAN & DELISH with Drea