LEMON CHIA ENERGY BITES
It is a dreary, rainy, and cold Minnesota Spring day. Yellow and lemons always brighten my day when the sun is not shining. Most of my energy bites have more winter flavors so it is time to experiment with some fresh flavors.
- 1 cup raw nuts or seeds ( I used 3/4 cup raw almonds and 1/4 raw pumpkin seeds)
- zest and juice from three organic lemons
- 1 TBSP Chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates ( I prefer medjool)
- pinch of himilayn pink salt
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened finely shredded coconut for rolling the bites in
Place the nuts and seeds into your Vitamix or high powered blender until finely chopped. Add chia seeds, dates, himilayn pink salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and blend until the mixtures forms together. Transfer to a plate and form a square. Score 12 even pieces to make even size bites. Form into balls and roll into shredded coconut. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
***I am going to experiment with these by adding protein powder or hemp seeds for added protein.
Roll into balls and in coconut
Eat in moderation and enjoy!