1 sweet potato and or squash
2 turnips or 1 large rutabaga
1 daikon radish
salt and pepper
herbs: rosemary, thyme or sage (fresh if possible)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and chop all vegetables into large bite-sized pieces.
3. Place in a large baking dish with sides.
4. Drizzle with olive oil; mix well to coat each vegetable lightly.
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs.
6. Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and golden brown, checking every 10 minutes to stir and make sure veggies are not sticking.
Note: Any combination of vegetables will work. Roasting only one kind of vegetable also makes a nice side dish.
Variation: For a sweet vs. savory variation use cinnamon instead of herbs.
I love topping a fresh green salad with roasted veggies in the Fall for more of a comfort and warm feel.